This Page

has been moved to new address

Year around calendars

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lead from the Start: Year around calendars

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Year around calendars

I am reading all of these comments and feeling that if I worked at themiddle school or highschool level that I would agree whole heartedly witha year round schedule. However, as a preschool/elementary level teacher,this would not work. I work with at risk 3-5 year olds in a southern inner-city. My students lose many of the social things I have taught them eachweekend. There is a constant 2 steps forward one step back. The winterbreak means I almost have to start over from scratch. AS socialdevelopment becaomes less of an issue and school becomes more contentdriven I think this makes sense but, at the lower levels it doesn't makesense. OF course kids lose over the summer but, atleast you can build fromthe grouond up in th fall.


John H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home